Walking My Talk … Just updated my ‘Walking My Talk’ post.
HOW DO I WALK MY CONSERVATION TALK?
Maintained a mostly Pesco-veggie diet
pre 1978 and on
- Shopped regional and seasonal.
- Used wax paper lunch bags.
- Used refillable drink bottles and thermoses.
- Made all meals from scratch. -no trash.
- Bought bulk in paper bags at crate and barrel stores.
- Cleaned with vinegar; baking soda; and Dr. Bronner’s liquid soaps.
- Refilled bottles at our old-fashioned ‘health food’ store with:
- Dr. Bronner’s Soaps
- Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Mineral Bouillon
- Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids.
- Used washable rags to clean.
- Used washable linen napkins.
- Made rag rugs for floors.
- Used no air conditioning.
- Owned no refrigerator. (I was talked into a small Energy Star one later on.)
- Owned no dryer or dishwasher.
- Hung all clothes to dry, either outside or inside.
- Recycled / reclaimed old wood furniture.
- Had a garden.
- Rode motorcycles, mopeds, bicycles and walked a lot.
- Drove a manual 5 speed 1978 Toyota Celica…
View original post 584 more words