“All the world’s a stage.”
My inspiration in life is this portion of a quote I learned in 8th grade.
… so if we are mere players why not set your stage to your liking?
Necessity is #1, making the best of where I happen to be at.
To set the stage for my life, to approximate the movies of my mind.
To be able to manipulate my environment to make it more aesthetic and practical for me so that in my every day function I can work smarter, not harder.
In doing for oneself, beautifying and making a comfortable retreat from the world, allows me to relax in and enjoy my environment, to feed my spirit and give me energy for everyday life.
My creative style?
I’m a Minimalist, practical, aesthetic utilitarian.
You may ask am I an artist, crafter or innovator?
Hmmm, let me ponder…
- I look at what I want to achieve for the overall look, feel and function.
- I then inventory what all I have on hand to work with.
- Finally I go at it.
Thus I believe, because I innovate with what presents itself to me… I am a crafty artist.
Some of who I am and what I do…
- I am a Wife and Mother.
- I am a transplant recipient
- I am a retired Educator, Outdoor /Environmental Educator/ Facilitator.
- I am a lifetime Girl Scout.
For 25 years, I was a Brownie, Cadette and Senior Leader. A ‘T.E.A.M’ facilitator & trainer; a ‘Flexible Delivery’ facilitator working in communities with ‘Girls-at-Risk’; a Challenge Confidence/ low ropes /high ropes facilitator; and an event facilitator and coordinator.
- I was a Boy Scout badge & award counselor, and event coordinator.
- I forage medicinal & edibles. I love seeing how little I need to rely on the food stream, etc.
- I love cooking and foraging. It’s mentally stimulating trying to be creative and gourmet with regional, seasonal, and foraged items.
- Household furniture, decor and clothing… If I cannot find something that fits the bill, I make it or fake it!
- Nature, Nature skills, Ecology & Environment.
- Camping, Survival skills, Kayaking.
- Gardening & Houseplants.
- History & Genealogy Buff
I have dogs, cats, turtles and fish. I have had mice, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, canaries, parakeets, cockatiels, parrot, chickens, ducks, geese, snakes and a horse.
- I have traveled and camped around the USA, and I have met many Wonderful and Colorful people throughout this Country.
I hope you join me on my journey, as I recount many things from my past, and explore the many other creative possibilities in my future. – OmaEagle