October was Another Busy Month.
Filled with many Highs and Lows.
- We learned that our daughter from Scotland will be coming ‘Home’ for three weeks for Thanksgiving and into December. She has lived there eleven years, we have not seen her in three. I pray, I / we will have Good days.
- We got to attend several events:
- Historic Market & Encampment Days at Washington Crossing on Oct. 15 Demos and tours, plus Thompson-Neely House and Bowman’s Hill.
- Historic Bristol Day (Bristol founded 1681) on Oct. 21
- 146th Annual Carversville Oyster and Pork Supper on Oct. 21
- A surprise Retirement Party for an old friend on Oct. 22
- We got to visit, and dine with some friends and family from out of state.
- 2 times with a young cousin from Arizona. There were 10 cousins getting together. Always nice to be with family. She was in town for 6 days.
- 2 times with our best friend from Florida. She was in town for 4 days.
We finished bringing in all the house plants and prepared them for winter.
- I am continually working towards basic good health, after the sudden onset of Diabetes due to my rejection medicine. This month I had 3 Doctors visits: one with the transplant team and one with the eye specialist; two blood draws, two weeks apart, and a lot of paperwork.
- I am working on increasing my walking and balance aided by my Rollator (It allows me to sit and rest as needed). I am making goals on my Fit-bit.
We are very sad… My husband lost a dear friend, he had suffered for a decade with a rare peritoneal cancer. We know that he will no longer be in pain, but we are very hurt that he and his family had to endure for so long. I could have never and can’t even imagine it. He was one of the Bright ones, (a Bright Soul) he always made you have fun, smile, laugh, and feel good about yourself, even during his battles. See you on the other side my Friend, but for now, Goodbye...
Thanks for stopping by, and Thanks for ‘listening’.
I hope you join me on my journey, as I recount many things from my past, and explore the many other creative possibilities in my future. – OmaEagle