So Glad We Stopped into The Hospital Thrift Shoppe
We have had a very busy day on an emotional roller coaster ride. We attended a Funeral Mass in the morning. Then in the afternoon, we had to return to the Hospital to follow-up on some business from the week before. On our way driving to and from each place, we would drive past the Hospital Thrift Shoppe, thinking we should stop in there soon.
On our way back home, we had talked about stopping in, but said we said No, it would be too much, because we are spent, we don’t have the energy left. We decided to head straight home, and perhaps take a nap. However, as we were driving by, at the last minute, we said, “What the Heck, just a quick look around.” Boy, am I glad we did…
Here are our finds…
- 2 Sterno Emergency Preparedness Kits, each kit includes:
- a Sterno 6″ pillar that burns for up to 60 hours.
- six Sterno votive candles that burn up to nine hours each.
- two 7-oz containers of Sterno gel fuel that burns up to 2.5 hours each.
- and a Sterno folding stove, so you can prepare food over the flame.
- A BBQ apron with tools:
- A nylon apron / that becomes a roll-up storage bag.
- A BBQ spatula with bottle opener.
- A BBQ knife
- A BBQ fork
- BBQ tongs
- A BBQ mitt
- and 2 shakers
- A glass cake stand – (we will use as a plant stand)
- A glass serving plate – (we will use as a saucer under plants)
- 2 small lead crystal candle holders. (for battery taper candles)
- A small square apothecary jar – (for the bathroom)
All the above for an unbelievable price of… Two Dollars and Twelve Cents. 😀
But then he ran back in and bought… a 2 gallon thick glass water dispenser jar without it’s lid for only a quarter. (we might use it for fermenting) 🙂
Thanks for stopping by…
What do you think of our finds? What were some of your best bargains?
I hope you join me on my journey, as I recount many things from my past, and explore the many other creative possibilities in my future. – OmaEagle